Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Lost

So far I have not had any comments on the poems chosen for this week but I will continue on with the darker theme a little with this one. Perhaps that is a little indulgent, but this is my blog after all is said and done. Well it is yours as well of course as it it only exists here for your enjoyment...


Wandering lost in an urban landscape,
A product of so many wrong turns.
Not sure where I want to head
Or what I will feel when I get there.
Rushing into decisions and directions
That only serve to lead me deeper.
Press on? Or maybe return to where it began?
Lost in a world that should be familiar,
A world where once I was comfortable.
Not wise enough to avoid sinking further
Even as a sense of direction appears
Wondering when will I arrive at my destiny
And when my heart can finally be content


© Bernard J Rossi

4 comments:

  1. I really like this poem, great imagery and intense.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mysticdave, I tried to allow the intensity to come through in this one. It was written many years ago. In the next few days I am going to try a little experiment with what I call picture poetry so I hope you can come back and have a look. BJR

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this one. Dark has to flow through just as light. It is often the dark that brings the light! I know, for myself, these are sometimes harder to share. Do remember though, these help others as well! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beth, I am always hoping that my words will help others as well as myself. If they achieve that even for a handful of people who needed it at the time then I would be a happy man. I am becoming more prepared to share the darker of my poems as I grow older but of course that means sharing a little more of me, which can always be a little scary!

    BJR

    ReplyDelete