Sunday, May 3, 2009

Introspection

To write well we need to know ourselves better than mere mortals know themselves, and then we need to be able take that knowledge and paint a picture with the words it creates.

Introspection

To know myself
what I am capable of
I must look inside my soul,
my mind,
my heart.
What lays in wait below the surface,
beyond the facade?
What rules me,
good, evil,
both?
Which thoughts can I bring to life?
What am I strong enough to suppress?
What truth drives me?
What animal lurks within?
How great can I be?
Will history recall?

© Bernard J Rossi

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great,it is very good poetry! I have an award for you , to please come by MY blog to get it.
    THANK YOU!
    ELAINE

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elaine, thank you for your comments on my poetry and for the lovely award. I dropped by to pick it up earlier.

    BJR

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are subtle signs that define who we are... Are these truths? Rules? Animal within us? Wow! These questions give birth to more questions. I like it!

    Z

    ReplyDelete